Publish manuscript:Please read the guidelines for writers
The main concern of Tobacco Control would be to offer a forum for research, analysis, commentary, and debate on policies, programmes, and methods which can be prone to further the objectives of a tobacco control policy that is comprehensive. The introduction should indicate why the research reported or issues discussed are important in terms of controlling tobacco use, and the discussion section should include an analysis of how the research reported contributes to tobacco control objectives in papers submitted for review.
Documents firmly anchored to a strategic policy and programme context are more inclined to be accepted for publication. Whilst the log seeks to achieve a readership that is international writers should think about whether their intended submissions target problems or themes, that are apt to be of great interest to scientists doing work in other countries. Extremely parochial dilemmas, that have few lessons for tobacco control policy outside a paper’s local context, are not likely to get high concern. The manuscripts editors will generally speaking perhaps maybe maybe not offer priority that is high:
- Studies of cigarette smoking prevalence as well as its correlates. They are most readily useful suitable to nationwide journals. Few individuals residing outside nation have an interest in whether that nation has 30% or 35% of cigarette cigarette smokers.
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviour (KAB) studies of specific populace teams or health care professionals. Once more, they are better suited to national journals or even wellness speciality that is professional. Few individuals far away are usually enthusiastic about (for instance) whether nurses in a local medical center are enthusiastic about helping patients quit. Nationwide studies, and people using such studies into original areas are of more interest.
- Reports that evoke unanimous “so what?” responses from the editors. They are documents with findings that appear to hold no importance that is obvious changing policy or training in tobacco control. They frequently show methodological finery, but take us anywhere don’t crucial or interesting.
- Advice pieces where in actuality the viewpoints are unoriginal, badly argued, naive or neglect for crucial ethical problems in favor of sloganeering.
- Documents that show the writers have not exposed Tobacco Control and don’t comprehend its main concentrate on tobacco control in the place of on tobacco and its own usage and wellness consequences. We have been thinking about such documents, but as long as their writers address the implications of these findings for tobacco control.
- Papers with glaringly apparent, deadly methodological issues.
- Documents on topics that need highly technical or language that is discipline-specific to be recognized because of the most of readers.
- Papers that are replications of currently well-established findings or provide little information that is new.
- Regional studies in which the implications for the journal’s audience that is international uncertain.
- Reports written for governments or regional wellness authorities that some body thought could be offered a fast make-over and presented as a log paper.
Tobacco Control adheres towards the greatest requirements concerning its editorial policies on book ethics, systematic misconduct, permission and peer review criteria. To see all BMJ Journal policies please make reference to the BMJ Author Hub policies web page.
Articles are posted under a licence that is exclusive non-exclusive licence for British Crown workers or where BMJ has agreed CC BY applies. For all of us Federal Government officers or workers acting included in their formal duties, the terms are as mentioned prior to our licence terms. Writers or their employers retain copyright. Start access articles could be reused underneath the regards to the appropriate imaginative Commons licence to facilitate reuse associated with content; please relate to the Tobacco Control Author Licence when it comes to applicable Creative Commons licences”.
Tobacco industry funded work
Tobacco Control will maybe not give consideration to for book documents work that is reporting, in entire or in component, by a tobacco business or tobacco industry company. Nor will the consider that is journal by writers whom accept tobacco industry capital, including funding for research expenses, for several or section of any author’s income, or other kinds of individual remuneration. For more information, please check this out editorial offering the reasoning behind the journal’s policy. Failure to declare interests that are competing distribution, or whenever a write-up is commissioned, may result in instant rejection associated with the paper. In case a contending interest comes to light after publication, Tobacco Control will issue an official modification to or retraction regarding the entire paper, as appropriate.
Material previously published online
Tobacco Control is prepared to think about documents based wholly or in component on material previously published on the web. Nevertheless writers should think about an editorial with this topic: Prior book on the internet: brand brand new log policy. The editor keeps the customary straight to make modifications any way you like and in case essential to reduce, with all the approval of this author(s), product accepted for publication. Any written or illustrative product that happens to be posted somewhere else should be duly recognized and followed closely by the penned consent regarding the copyright owner (this might be the publisher as opposed to the writer).
Under special circumstances where a paper’s findings have instantly appropriate policy implications warranting urgent book, manuscripts can be fast tracked in front of the normal queue of documents. In the event that you feel which you have actually good explanations why this can be real for the paper, please information these in a employment cover letter, describing the significance of your projects for the industry in addition to explanation you are feeling it really is of enough value to be managed urgently. This demand will not guarantee that the editors will concur, and just a few documents per year would be expedited about this foundation, nonetheless it can help the editors to judge the paper’s value when you look at the current context.
Formatting, terms and revised manuscripts
Documents on e cigarettes should make use of the term ‘electronic cigarettes’ on very very first use, after which it the abbreviation ‘e-cigarettes’ may be utilized. Documents on other smoking distribution systems may continue using the word ‘electronic smoking delivery systems’ accompanied by the abbreviation ‘ENDS’ after very very first usage.
Whenever uploading a revised manuscript, writers also needs to add an independent manuscript file showcasing the tracked changes to exhibit the editors the distinction through the version that is previous. The monitored modifications document must certanly be uploaded as a supplementary file.
Analysis gu > that is reporting
BMJ calls for conformity into the following reporting directions. Please upload the appropriate finished list for the research kind along with your distribution, and label it “Research checklist”. This can be indicated on the submission essay writing service form if no relevant checklist is available for your study type.
CONSORT statement – necessary for all randomised managed studies
PRISMA statement – necessary for all systematic reviews
EVEREST statement – Required for many financial evaluations
STARD statement – Required for several research that is diagnostic
STROBE statement – Required for all observational studies
SQUIRE statement – Required for several quality improvement studies
Guidance and types can be found from EQUATOR.
We video that is welcome to come with accepted research articles. These enable authors to actually talk through their work beyond the restrictions of the article that is formal improve the user’s understanding. Note you to consider submitting a video abstract until your paper has been accepted that we will not ask. Please don’t try to upload a video clip abstract upon initial distribution of the manuscript.
There are numerous tutorials online that could guide the creation of a video clip abstract, using commonly and sometimes freely available computer software. Windows film Maker and Apple iMovie would be the most typical examples. Types of video clip abstracts can be found from The BMJ. Listed here are a few directions for making a video clip abstract. Writers could also desire to ask their institution’s press/media workplace for support.
- Movie abstracts must not go longer than 4 mins.
- This content while focusing of this movie must connect straight to the scholarly study which has been accepted for book, and really should perhaps perhaps not stray beyond the info. We advice itself i.e. briefly outline the background/context of the study, present your research objective, outline the methods used, present the key results and then discuss the implications of the outcomes that you follow the same structure as the paper.
- The presentation and content associated with the video clip ought to be in a method plus in terms that’ll be understandable and available to a broad audience that is medical. The primary language should be English, but we welcome subtitles an additional language. Please avoid jargon that’ll not be acquainted to an extensive medical market, and don’t make use of abbreviations.
- Writers often talk straight into the digital digital digital camera and/or provide a slideshow, but we enable the usage of other appropriate artistic and sound product (such as for instance animations, videos, nevertheless photographs, figures, infographics). If you want to make use of product from formerly posted work or off their sources, please receive the appropriate permissions through the appropriate publisher or copyright owner.